Pages

Fictionista, Foodie, Feline-lover

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Brilliant Marketing Ploy--The Mug Shots from Copper

I am a sucker for great marketing ploys--yes, I'm the person who would have sent in box tops to get a decoder ring, and Copper has come up with a dandy. I've been tracking BBC America's show Copper since it was first announced and I'm liking it more and more with each episode. I know the era and the setting pretty well from my own research and I love that the writers are taking the time to use period slang that's accurate and bring up events from the time that aren't completely obvious.
The gimmick?  You can upload your photo to their website and turn a photo of yourself into a vintage mug shot.
I had two thoughts when I saw the results. One, I really look like my brother in drag; and two, this must be what it's like to be a face transplant patient.
Check it out.  On the left is  the original vintage mug shot.
Below left  is the color photo I used. Note, we have nearly identical noses. And the final result is to the right. I find it...strangely fascinating. 
There weren't enough letters to spell out Kat the Blade, which is an inside joke among my geekier friends. (Like I can point geeky fingers at anyone.)  If you want to see what you'd look like as a 19th century felon, check out Mugshot Yourself on the Copper site.


No comments:

Post a Comment