Pages

Fictionista, Foodie, Feline-lover

Sunday, January 15, 2023

Afterwitch Chronicles by Kat Parrish now on Channillo

 I have taken the plunge into serial fiction. I'm still thinking about putting something up on Kindle vella (I have two covers for stories I haven't yet written) but I think Channillo has a lot going for it. The story I've serialized is the first of my Afterwitch Chronicles, a post-apocalyptic story that was inspired by the covers I bought. Those covers turned out to be kind of a saga. I purchased them from Book Cover Design and Amazon refused to allow them, saying I'd violated copyright.

I contacted the designer, who sent me the original images and showed me what she'd done and her receipt from a well-respected stock site which clearly stated, the images were available for book covers. When that didn't satisfy Amazon, I tracked down the photographer who took the original images and he gave me permission to use the images. That still didn't satisfy  Amazon, so a friend made a trio of other covers for me. But this cover and its two mates always said post-apocalyptic witchiness to me and I love them, so I am using them with my story. You can find it here

No comments:

Post a Comment