Pages

Fictionista, Foodie, Feline-lover

Wednesday, March 16, 2022

A Dance of Blood and Magic

 

More vampire stories. These are stories that have both witches and vampires in them. I went urban fantasy here again because I am very interested in the politics of the situation and not so much in the witch and the vampire exchanging bodily fluids.

My story is called, "City Girl Watching," and it's about a family of witches in New York who are descended from a Dutch witch who immigrated when the city was still called New Amsterdam. I did a ton of research for it (almost none of which shows) and got really fascinated by the sheer forward-thinking of Dutch law at the time. (Women kept their own names after marriage, they could own property., The English were scandalized.) 

The collection is called  A Dance of Blood and Magic and you can preorder it here.  Right now, it's exclusive to Kindle.



I like the cover of the collection which includes a lot of different writers with letters after their name like NYT bestselling and USAT bestselling. (And that's one of the annoyances of having multiple pen names. My cozy romance and PWF name, Katherine Moore, has the USA TODAY bestselling accolade, but I can't use it with my other pen names!!!  



No comments:

Post a Comment