Pages

Fictionista, Foodie, Feline-lover

Thursday, April 3, 2014

D is for Darkangel

My friend Christine Pope writes romances in a number of different flavors--contemporary, fantasy, paranormal, and science fiction--and I like all of them. She writes strong heroines and her supporting characters are memorable as well. I'm very fond of her fairy tale series, Tales of the Latter Kingdoms (the most recent book is her retelling of Cinderella, Ashes of Roses), but I also have a soft  spot for her "Sedona Trilogy," with its UFOs and men in black.

This week Christine unveils the first book in her new series. It's a paranormal romance called Darkangel, and it's about a young witch whose search for her soulmate is complicated by clan politics and her own desire to meet the man who has been haunting her dreams. But first, she has to survive a nightmarish series of encounters with an evil that seems to be targeting her.  It's great stuff and there are two particularly engaging male characters that I wouldn't mind meeting.

I was never really a romance reader--mysteries is my genre, but with Christine's books, there's always something to enjoy. That's doubly true in Darkangel where the "game of thrones" playing out among the witch clans is just getting interesting as the book ends. (Never fear, the sequel is coming soon and a teaser chapter is included.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment