Pages

Fictionista, Foodie, Feline-lover

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Roasted Tomato Salsa Recipe

It is ungodly hot here in the Southland--triple digit weather on the 7th of September. I was out and about in it and decided to fight fire with fire by heading over to La Salsa for their taco salad. I am a huge fan of their thin avocado salsa and their smoky roasted tomato salsa and usually load up on both to add to the salad fixings. So imagine my disappointment when I turned the corner and found an empty storefront and a sign announcing La Salsa had moved to a mall several miles away.
Noooooooo.
I came home and immediately started searching for a roasted tomato salsa I could make myself to assuage my disappointment. I found this one at AllRecipe.com. It's pretty delicious but it's not La Salsa.
I was not consulted on this move and I do not approve.  And I really don't want to have to trek over to a mall (I hate malls) to get my salsa on.

2 comments:

  1. Did someone say "roasted tomato salsa"?

    I was headed over to catch up on some blog reading when your post caught my eye. Your timing is perfect, Katherine! We are having friends over this weekend for a little taco feed. Can't wait to try this out!

    Thanks for posting this!

    ReplyDelete