Pages

Fictionista, Foodie, Feline-lover

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Why I Love the Internet

Reason 14590---
I was doing some research this morning prepping for a project and I ran across a stunning obituary cartoon by prize-winning editorial cartoonist Mike Peters. There was a link to this site, which shows a number of his "farewells" to people from the extremely famous (Walter Cronkite, Princess Diana, Fred Astaire) to ordinary people who died in extraordinary circumstance (like some West Virginia coal miners). Some of them were so beautiful and apt, they made me cry. Some made me smile. If you're in a mood to waste a little bit of time, it'll be time well spent to scroll through the cartoons. (The one for Barry Goldwater was particularly good.)

2 comments:

  1. Wow, those are twenty times stronger and riskier than his "Mother Goose & Grimm" fare, though I imagine anyone but Garry Trudeau could get away with that day in and day out.

    ReplyDelete