Pages

Fictionista, Foodie, Feline-lover

Sunday, April 10, 2022

Ukrainian anthologies all around...

 I have a couple of pen names and all of them signed up for anthologies to benefit Ukraine. At least the ones I knew about. There are a bunch of them, and I hope they all make a fortune. Here in Portugal, where I've been living almost a year, there are already refugees being housed by residents, and the price of sunflower oil is soaring. In February, you could buy a liter for two euros. It's now more than four euros. 

Also, one of the biggest grocery chains in the country, with markets all over my city--including one in walking distance--turns out to be run by a Russian firm. So I have modified my shopping habits somewhat. It's the least I can do. 

I do not have a lot of money to donate, but I can write. And since one of my pen names has the USA Today bestselling accolade attached to it, I'd like to think that I can add some value. I hope so. 

Here are some of the collections I'm participating in. They're pretty affordable and they all feature new work from a number of terrific writers. 

The first collection is from the New Romance Cafe. I wrote a new Silver Birch story as Katherine Moore, a sweet little romance called, "The Sadness of Sunflowers." You can buy it here.

Here's the blurb:  

Protect the innocent.

Provide for families.

We stand with Ukraine.

Across the globe authors have come together to provide stories filled with hope, heart and understanding, inspired by the events of February 2022.

STAND FOR UKRAINE is a collection of romance, women’s fiction and poetry. Proceeds go to Save the Children’s efforts to provide Ukrainian children with food, warmth, shelter and psychological support.

The second book is SEEDS OF LOVE, which is available on pre-order at the moment. Here is the blurb for this one. You can help us make a difference.

SEEDS OF LOVE is a romance anthology to benefit Ukraine. This collection of short romance stories


is not available anywhere else. 100% of the royalties will be donated to United Help Ukraine, a charitable organization dedicated to helping the Ukrainian people affected by Russia’s invasion. They are a grassroots, entirely volunteer-based organization that provides aid to wounded Ukrainian warriors, assistance to their families, and support to internally displaced people.

This anthology features 48 authors. The stories include various sub-genres of contemporary romance, paranormal romance, dark romance, and romantic comedy. You can pre-order it here.


SEEDS OF LOVE is only available for a limited time! Stand with the people of Ukraine and get your copy today!


And finally, I have contributed a story as Kat Parrish to BBB Publishing's Ukraine anthology LOVE IS ETERNAL. It will be out at the end of the month and is

available for pre-order for 99 cents right now. My story, "Hunter's Kiss," has never been widely available before. It's a modern magic retelling of Snow White. You can preorder it here for only 9 cents.

If you don't want to buy a book, consider donating to Jose Andres' World Central Kitchen, which has been in Poland feeding refugees since February. 

NPR posted a terrific list of organizations who are providing aid to the people of Ukraine. Find it here.

Etsy.com is making it easy to support Ukrainian artists by purchasing digital goods--artwork and cards and the like. They're waiving selling fees. The prices of some of the artwork is heartbreakingly low. Here's their landing page for Ukrainian artists. 



No comments:

Post a Comment