Pages

Fictionista, Foodie, Feline-lover

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Muppet Christmas Carol

Yes, it's that time of year when the off-network channels are running Christmas movies non-stop. (Somewhere A Christmas Story is playing.)  I like A Christmas Story. I also like Miracle on 34th Street and Shop Around the Corner, which was the inspiration for the Meg Ryan/Tom Hanks romantic comedy You've Got Mail. (And for the record, I absolutely hate It's a Wonderful Life, but that's just me.) I always look forward to How the Grinch Stole Christmas (the original, with Boris Karloff narrating) and I'm also a sucker for The Canterville Ghost, which is not strictly a Christmas movie, but somehow gets re-run at this time of year. My absolute favorite Christmas movie, however, has to be the Muppet Christmas Carol with Michael Caine as Scrooge.  It is funny. It's touching. It's creative and easily the very best of the very good Muppet movies. If you've never seen it, do yourself a favor, and watch it this year. It will make you very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment