Pages

Fictionista, Foodie, Feline-lover

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

So Many Books, so Little Time: More for the TBR Pile

I've been compiling a list of good and great biographies for a new site that's about to go up, and have been bookmarking books as if I just learned how to read.  I expected that.  What I didn't expect is how many books I'd stumble over in the course of posting my daily story story blog entry over at 365 Short Stories.  Today's entry was by Jack Scalzi and in reading his blog, Whatever, I was introduced to Jo Walton's alternate earth history/mystery Farthing.  I LOVE alternate history and mysteries, so this book (about an alternate 1949 in which the Brits made peace with Hitler) is right up my alley.  And there are apparently more.  (Of course there are.) Here's a list of her books with a picture of her rocking a fedora like Kelli Stanley's Welsh cousin.
By the way, the story of the day is Scalzi's HILARIOUS, Hugo-nominated fantasy parody "The Shadow War of the Night Dragons: Book One: The Dead City: Prologue." Here's a link to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment