Pages

Fictionista, Foodie, Feline-lover

Friday, October 7, 2011

Baby Boomer Nostalgia Gone Wild

Yes, the movie/TV reboots and remakes and re-imaginings continue. I can't really make fun of some of the sillier projects coming down the pike because the studios responsible pay my bills but seriously. Mr. Ed?  Seriously? Here's the skinny from JoBlo.com.
For every one of these recycled/retro/resurrected projects there are a dozen that were commissioned and paid for that died a horrible death. (And trust me on this--they deserved it.)   So every time someone goes off on how "young people" are in charge of the movie-making process, I think, "Please God let it be true."  Because you know, it's not the 20- or 30-somethings who are green-lighting big screen versions of television shows from the 60s.
Mr. Ed?  Really?

3 comments:

  1. Ha! Yeah, my folks used to watch that show on Nick at Nite when I was a kid. My folks are real high brow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But would they pay to see a movie version of a guilty TV pleasure?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could do something interesting with Mr. Ed. But it'd be a hard R and would end with a slow zoom in, fade out on a pot of glue.

    ReplyDelete