Pages

Fictionista, Foodie, Feline-lover

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Times have changed...

Well, I'm not telling you anything you don't know, or even anything I didn't know before but here's the thing. I'm writing a story for an anthology that's themed around the events of 9/11. The stories have to take place on that day or immediately after. And as I write, I'm realizing that all my references are anachronisms. At one point I had a Lindsay Lohan reference relating to my 12-Step narrator. But of course, ten years ago, Lindsay Lohan was a fresh-faced little kid.
I had also referenced YouTube and realized--YouTube wasn't launched until 2005. What did we do without it?
So now I'm checking everything.
I just know something is going to slip through.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds fascinating, Katherine! Funny how those little things that seem like they've been here forever slip our notice. Good luck with the edit!

    ReplyDelete